The Eco Inn > Policies
Check-In & Check-Out Times
- Check-in is by appointment between 3pm and 7pm. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO
ACCEPT CHECK-INS AFTER 9:00 p.m.
- Check-out is no later than 11am.
- We are located in a very rural area, so we recommend arriving before dark.
- An overnight stay at the Milkweed Mercantile Eco Inn includes a sumptuous breakfast, complimentary tea and coffee, and use of the Guest Lounge.
- Rates quoted are double occupancy.
- Additional guests are charged $20 per adult ($15 per child) per night.
- There may be a minimum stay during special events and seminars.
- Rates may vary seasonally and may change at any time.
Eco Inn Deposits
- Inn reservation deposit is equal to one night's stay or half of the entire stay, whichever is greater.
- Deposits are required at the time of reservation. Deposits are payable with VISA, MasterCard, or personal check. Deposit payment by personal check must be received within 10 days of making the reservation and no less then 30 days prior to the arrival date.
Inn Cancellations and Refunds
- Deposits will be refunded for cancellation greater than 14 days from the arrival date, less a $25 administration processing fee.
- For cancellations 14 days or less, the deposit will be refunded only if the accommodations can be rebooked for the same dates, less the $25 administration processing fee.
- All seminar reservations require full payment for the seminar and for your accommodations if you are staying at the Mercantile or camping.
Deposits are required at the time of reservation. Deposits are payable with VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or personal check. Deposit payment by personal check must be received within 10 days of making the reservation and no less then 30 days prior to the arrival date.
Seminar Cancellations and Refunds
- You must notify us directly if you cancel from a seminar. You can contact the Milkweed Mercantile weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Central Time, at 660-883-5522.
- The amount of your refund is determined by the date that you notify the Milkweed Mercantile of your cancellation. Seminar leaders have no authority to grant or promise refunds.
- Seminar and accommodation fees will be refunded in full for cancellation greater than 30 days from your scheduled arrival date, less a $25 administration processing fee. You may also choose to transfer your fees to a different seminar, less a $25 administration processing fee.
- For cancellations 29-15 days from your scheduled arrival date, 50% the seminar and accommodation fees will be refunded, less the $25 administration processing fee. If we are able to rebook your seminar for the same date, the entire seminar and accommodation fee will be refunded, less the $25 administration processing fee.
- For cancellations 14 days or less from your scheduled arrival date, the seminar and accommodation fees will be refunded only if the seminar/accommodations can be rebooked for the same dates, less the $25 administration processing fee.
- The Milkweed Mercantile is smoke-free, this includes the porch as well. Guests who do smoke must do so outside of the building in the designated area. There is a $200 per day charge for those Guests who smoke inside our building or on the porch. This amount will be added to your room account and charged to your credit card.
Lost Key Policy
- The Milkweed Mercantile charges a $100 fee for the loss of a room key. Please be sure to hand your keys in to a Mercantile Staffer upon check-out.
- Due to fire codes and safety concerns, use of candles or incense in our rooms is prohibited.
- Milkweed Mercantile provides ecologically-responsible bath products for your use during your stay. Please refrain from using conventional products that may damage our greywater system and harm the land.
- Please be mindful that we are located in a village made of individual homes. If you would like to look around Dancing Rabbit, please arrange for a tour.
- If you'd like to start a tab for additional expenses as you eat and shop around the Mercantile, just let the Innkeeper know.
- Please recycle your trash in the appropriate bins throughout the Milkweed Mercantile. It's not only one of Dancing Rabbit's covenants, but good for the Earth!
- We change the sheets and towels for each room between guests. If you would like yours changed more frequently, please let us know.
- We ask that you refrain from using blowdryers, irons and other devices that use electricity to create heat during your stay. Our power system will not take kindly to the immense energy draw these items make on it. If you simply must have your hair dried or clothes ironed, please see the Innkeeper so she can assure you that you look fabulous just the way you are.
- There is complimentary wireless internet in the bedrooms and Guest Lounge. However, in an effort to promote community, we ask that you refrain from laptop use in the Café.
Meals and Snacks
- Breakfast will be served in the Café each morning.
- Lunch and Dinner are available by request for an additional charge each day in the Café. Please let the Innkeeper know if you are interested in this option. We can also pack you a bagged lunch to take with you during your stay.
- Menus for area restaurants are available for your perusal. Need a recommendation or a reservation? Just ask the Innkeeper!
- We care about your dietary preferences. Please let the Innkeeper know what your needs might be when making your reservation.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome by pre-arrangement in the Wallace Stegner Geography of Hope Room.
- Pets are not to be left unattended in the room.
- A $10 fee per pet per night is applied. This fee includes a dog walk or cat activity with a trained and trusted Mercantile staffer while you have breakfast. These staffers are also available at other times to watch your pets for a nominal fee just let us know and we will arrange it for you!
- Please bring your own pet food and toys. Though we have some to share, it's good to have your pet's favorites along.
- Pets should remain in the room or brought out through the back door.
- Your pet must remain on leash while outdoors and be kept inside at night. Due to our location and close proximity to a number of threatened native species, guest pets are not allowed to roam free while at Dancing Rabbit.
- You are responsible for any damage caused to the room by your pet.