Milkweed Mercantile Seminar Policies
Please Leave Your Pets at Home
Pets (except for seeing-eye dogs and other service dogs) are not allowed at any Milkweed Mercantile Seminars. While we do have a pet-friendly guest room, pets are not allowed to be unattended in any of our rooms, and while attending a seminar you will be unable to care for your pet. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Travel to the Milkweed Mercantile
Our trip prices do not include travel to and from the Milkweed Mercantile. Travel to and from the starting point is your responsibility. We will provide a participant list to assist you in arranging your own carpools. For directions, train, airport and rental car information, click here.
In order to ensure your safety and that of others on the trip, participants of some of our seminars (such as construction and other potentially strenuous activities in hot, humid weather) will be required to provide accurate and complete personal medical information. It will be held in strictest confidence, and utilized only if there is medical need.
Additionally, you are responsible for the following:
- carefully reviewing all seminar information provided, and understanding as thoroughly as possible the physical and mental demands of the seminar, as well as possible risks;
- properly equipping yourself in accordance with recommendations of the seminar leader and the Milkweed Mercantile;
- respecting the customs of Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage and the neighboring communities, including Rutledge;
- avoiding breaking any applicable laws, and refraining from antisocial conduct during the trip;
- following environmental guidelines in accordance with the Milkweed Mercantile and Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage;
- and always respecting the rights and privacy of residents of Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage.
We are extremely conscientious when it comes to safety. However, in the case of accident or illness, the Milkweed Mercantile will attempt to provide appropriate first aid and contact the local hospital if necessary. Costs of ambulance and/or of medical care beyond basic first aid are the financial responsibility of the ill or injured person. Our closest hospital/emergency room is located approximately 20 minutes away in Memphis, MO. We encourage everyone to work carefully and safely. Please bring proof of health insurance, if you have it.
Seminar and Camping Deposits
- All seminar reservations require full payment for the seminar and for your accommodations if you are staying at the Mercantile or camping.
- Deposits are required at the time of reservation. Deposits are payable with VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or personal check. Deposit payment by personal check must be received within 10 days of making the reservation and no less then 30 days prior to the arrival date.
Seminar Cancellations and Refunds
- You must notify us directly if you cancel from a seminar. You can contact the Milkweed Mercantile weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Central Time, at 660-883-5522.
- The amount of your refund is determined by the date that you notify the Milkweed Mercantile of your cancellation. Seminar leaders have no authority to grant or promise refunds.
- Seminar and accommodation fees will be refunded in full for cancellation greater than 30 days from your scheduled arrival date, less a $25 administration processing fee. You may also choose to transfer your fees to a different seminar, less a $25 administration processing fee.
- For cancellations 29-15 days from your scheduled arrival date, 50% the seminar and accommodation fees will be refunded, less the $25 administration processing fee. If we are able to rebook your seminar for the same date, the entire seminar and accommodation fee will be refunded, less the $25 administration processing fee.
- For cancellations 14 days or less from your scheduled arrival date, the seminar and accommodation fees will be refunded only if the seminar/accommodations can be rebooked for the same dates, less the $25 administration processing fee.